Put the spotlight on lighting
You may not realize how much lighting impacts a room. It affects not only the mood, but the style of fixture can affect how you see fabrics and wall colors, as well as what your eye is drawn to in the room. In new homes, lighting is often an afterthought with standard light fixtures being installed that are often times uninteresting, not the proper scale or style for the room and furnishings. If you’ve been in your home awhile, you may have lived with lighting installed years ago even as you’ve changed your furniture, art and accessories.
For an easy update, change out or add some new lighting – whether it’s overhead recessed lighting, hanging fixtures, table or floor lamps, or accent lighting. Lighting sets the stage for the entire room so let us help you choose a fabulous new fixture, or update all your lighting to enhance your home!
What’s Trending In Lighting:
- Bigger is better when it comes to fixtures
- Mix and match finishes – nickel, brass, gold and silver
- Blending modern fixtures with a more traditionally furnished home and vice versa
- Refined retro and industrial styles
- Clean lines, allowing the light fixture to stand on its own